Work With Us
Tasting Table - Wine Bar & Shop Assistant
Taste Hungary is hiring a seasonal part-time assistant to help with daily operations, wine tastings, special events, and other wine-related activities at The Tasting Table Cellar and The Tasting Table Shop (located on Bródy utca in the Palace District). Our focus is on introducing our customers to the world of fine Hungarian wine and cheese Many of our customers are travelers to Hungary, and this will be their first experience with Hungarian wine. Others are expats and locals. We’d love to hire someone who already has a passion for wine, or is considering a future in the wine industry and wants a bit of experience.
We are looking to hire someone on a temporary basis (through early January). But for the right person, we’d be happy to consider longer-term employment.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare our wine tasting cellar for daily operation (setting tables, light cleaning, polishing glasses, etc)
- Shop for ingredients; stock the kitchen and wine fridge.
- Help our sommeliers prepare for wine tastings, and support them to smoothly run the tastings (helping with customer needs, pouring wines, preparing cheese and charcuterie boards)
- Clean up after the tastings
- Assist during our opening hours by setting up, taking customer orders, pouring wines, preparing cheese and charcuterie boards, cleaning up.
- Occasional general errands
- Assistance with unpacking wine boxes, and packaging orders for shipment.
What We Need:
- Knowledge of wine is not essential, but the ideal candidate should have an interest in wine (and food).
- Due to the nature of the hospitality business, last-minute changes are a constant.
- A customer-focused mentality
- Hospitality experience is preferred
- Retail experience is a plus
- Hours can be flexible, but must be available for weekends and evenings.
- English and Hungarian are required
- Ability to commit to part-time work (25-30 hours per week; possibly more if you are interested) for November and December.
What You’ll Get:
- A great fun atmosphere, with local and international staff and guests.
- A chance to learn about (and taste) Hungarian wine.
- Employee discounts on products
- Pay is hourly, and depends on whether the candidate has any relevant experience.
How to Apply