Work With Us
We are hiring for the following position:
TASTING TABLE — ALL-AROUND WINE PROFESSIONAL
Use your passion for wine to draw customers into the exciting world of Hungarian wine. Join our innovative company, and help promote Hungarian wine in a fun, exciting, customer service-driven environment. Be an integral member of our team, helping take our company to a new level of growth. Delve deep into the world of Hungarian wine: meet winemakers, taste (many) wines, and learn lots by working in a variety of wine-related capacities!
WHAT WE DO
Since 2008 we have been introducing clients to the world of fine Hungarian wine (as well as all-around culinary culture of Hungary). We do this through a variety of channels:
- Selling Hungarian wine (as well as spirits and cheese) at The Tasting Table Shop (Bródy utca 22)
- Conducting daily educational wine tastings The Tasting Table Cellar (Bródy utca 9), as well as private wine dinners and various other wine events
- Operating food and wine tours in Hungary
- Operating an online Hungarian wine shop (with shipping throughout the EU and UK)
- Exporting Hungarian wine to the US, where we have an import company, an online Hungarian wine shop, and a Hungarian wine club.
The full-time wine professional joining our team at The Tasting Table will assist in a variety of wine-related activities, primarily (but not limited to):
- Running the wine shop
- Running the wine cellar. Our focus here is leading guests through educational tasting presentations on Hungarian wine. We also hold private events and sometimes operate as a wine bar.
We are a small team … with a lot of passion and ambition. We are looking for someone who can learn quickly, work well with others, and help clients fall in love with Hungarian wine!
- Competitive wages
- A fun atmosphere, with local and international staff and guests
- Ongoing opportunities to learn about (and taste) lots Hungarian wine
- Hefty employee discounts
At the wine shop:
- Enthusiastically and knowledgeably assist customers with purchasing wine, and process the transactions.
- Maintain the shop’s appearance, ensuring that displays are attractive, well-maintained, and consistently stocked
- Receive deliveries and properly account for inventory
- Pour tastings, provide customer education, and help maintain wine menu
- Assist with cleaning and maintain the shop’s orderly appearance
- Assist with placing orders
- Assist with fulfilling online orders
At the tasting cellar:
- Host tasting presentations for groups, with the perfect balance of education and fun
- Manage execution of events, performing various duties to ensure success
- Maintain cleanliness and organization, including re-stocking shelves and maintaining displays
- Serve customers (pour and explain wine, prepare cheese and charcuterie boards, sell wine and products, etc.)
- Help pursue sales / private event opportunities
- Taste wines, and help decide which products to add to our selection (and exp[ort to the US).
- Communicate in a knowledgeable, professional, and gracious way to all guests; providing top-notch customer service at all times.
- Effectively promote Taste Hungary products (tours, wines, tastings, events) while serving customers. Help grow our email database on a daily basis.
- Write and design wine and food menus. Write wine tasting notes.
- Other activities as assigned
Experience and education:
- A demonstrated passion for wine (particularly Hungarian wine), wine education, wine making, people, experiences, and engaging storytelling
- Retail experience is strongly preferred. Must have the ability to present and sell products.
- Wine industry, hospitality, or tourism experience is strongly preferred
- High level of wine knowledge (preferably WSET Level qualifications or sommelier training), or some other equivalent wine education or work experience
- English and Hungarian fluency (spoken and written)
- Computer & technology proficiency including Google based apps and apple products.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Customer-service driven, with a commitment to high standards, outstanding service, and excellent hospitality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak in front of groups and communicate effectively in writing. Use open, professional dialogue, and solution focused communication.
- Work productively within a team, with a spirit of cooperation, a positive disposition, and a willingness to do a little bit of everything.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with an “I can do it” attitude. Organized and detail-oriented, and able to work independently on multiple projects at one time.
- Creativity — this role requires a dynamic personality, enthusiasm, and energy.
- Embrace and adapt to a rapidly changing environment, and the moments of stress that can be part of hospitality.
- Consistently project a positive company image that is focused on the customer.
- A professional appearance
- Set, manage priorities and workflow; able to pivot and think-on-your-feet
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift wine boxes (up to 25 kg)
- Willingness to work on events and special projects
- Willingness to learn about all of the products we sell (and the producers who make them), and to learn about cheesemaking and spirits.
- Flexibility, and must be available on evenings and weekends.
Please fill out this form and we will get back to you soon! No phone calls please. Email us if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.