Work With Us
Client Services & Sales Associate
Taste Hungary is looking for a full-time client services & sales associate based in Budapest. We are seeking an efficient, highly-organized self-starter who has a passion for travel, food, and wine. You must be the type of organizer who can keep your eyes on several projects at once, while handling any potential last-minute travel emergencies that may arise …. And most importantly, keeping a positive attitude while doing so! The right person will be comfortable with splitting their time between working from home and working from our busy wine cellar/education center. Also essential: a passion for travel, an obsession with Budapest, an interest in wine, and a desire to play a role in introducing visitors to the wonders of Hungary and its culinary and wine culture.
Responsibilities for this position will be interacting (mainly through email and phone) with clients, potential clients, partners, and travel agents; handling all incoming customer enquiries; working with the client management team and operating team to ensure that tours and events run smoothly; and various general office administration tasks. The right candidate will understand that tourism is a fast-paced business. You must have a keen attention to detail, be able to complete tasks and projects efficiently, be a self-starter who is able to initiate things on your own. You should be a great communicator, both written and verbal, and have excellent organizational and time-management skills. You must also be versatile, tech savvy, and open to using new technology. The ideal candidate should also be adept at helping the team in identifying new technologies, systems, and strategies to keep our work running smoothly as the company grows. Above all, the ideal candidate should love engaging with our customers about their pending travel experiences in Hungary.
Taste Hungary has been the leading culinary and wine tour company in Hungary for ten years. We are a growing and dynamic company dedicated to championing Hungarian food and wine, and to educating our guests about it. We are globally-recognized for providing high-level service to our clients. Taste Hungary started as a food and wine tour company, but over the past decade has grown to include several related businesses including a wine cellar/education center/shop (The Tasting Table Budapest) and a wine import and retail business in America. You should be able to work as seamlessly (either in person or virtually) with colleagues from all areas of the business, no matter where they are located.
If you feel like you understand our mission and our passion, have the required skills, and want join our team, we welcome your application!
Salary is competitive. We are looking for someone to start in early January!
- Fluency in Hungarian and English
- University degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of office experience
- Front-line customer service experience (such as in a restaurant, retail shop, or telephone-based)
- High familiarity with Budapest and Hungary, Hungarian food and wine, and general travel
- High computer proficiency, including G-suite, Slack, Skype, and Mac-based computers. Experience with travel booking software is a plus.
- Ability to work on efficiently and multitask in a fast-paced, international, tech-reliant environment
- Being comfortable with both working from home and working at our wine tasting room
- Confidence in giving customer service by phone.
- A passion for continual learning
- Client management
- Customer service: Answering time-sensitive phone calls and emails, helping clients choose tours, assisting with tour organization, assisting clients with bookings
- Communicating with our tour guide team regarding bookings, special needs, and tour guide assignments.
- Communicating with OTAs (online travel agencies)
- Assisting travel agents, and building relationships with them
- On the spot problem solving to to troubleshoot and answer clients’ questions
- Day-to-day tour management within our booking system
- General office support
- Assisting with invoicing and organizing tour financials
- Preparing custom travel offers for individuals and agents
- Must be open to working on weekends
How to Apply:
- 1. Submit a letter (no phone calls!) in English explaining why you want this job and why you are qualified for it. (Submissions that aren’t in English won’t be considered). Email letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Selected candidates will be invited to participate in a video interview.
- 3. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal interview.