Our COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures
Our wine shop (Bródy Sándor utca 22, Budapest 1088) is still open! Monday-Saturday, noon-7pm.
Due to the current stricter lockdown measures in Hungary, The Tasting Table is temporarily closed for public tastings. We are able to accommodate private events of up to ten participants.
For your safety, and the safety of our staff, we have implemented the following safety measures.
For Our Guests
- Guests and customers are required to wear masks.
- Guests with fevers, illness symptoms, or coughing may not participate.
- To reduce contact, we are only doing private tours for the time being (bonus: we are charging our same small-group price, rather than our usual private tour price). This means when you book a small-group tour on our site, we will automatically make it a private tour. This applies to groups of two or more. Single travelers will be required to pay a surcharge for a private tour. This doesn’t apply to wine tastings, but we have reduced the size of the tastings.
For Our Staff
- Staff will self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and will not work if they are exhibiting any symptoms. Temperatures will be checked daily, and if greater than 37ºC, they will not be permitted to work.
- Staff will wash their hands regularly (and thoroughly) throughout their shifts.
- Staff will wear protective rubber gloves at all times during the tastings, and during the preparation prior to the tastings.
- Staff are required to wear masks.
On Our Tours
- Hand sanitizer and restroom/hand-washing facilities will be made available frequently.
- Social distancing will be practiced throughout the experience. Person to person contact will be minimized as much as possible.
- Food tastings will be individually served (no more sharing!)
- Vendors we visit will be vigilant about keeping the same safety standards, including frequently disinfecting high contact areas.
At The Tasting Table (Wine Tastings)
- The maximum number of people in the cellar at any time is limited to ten.
- Guests can wash their hands upon arrival (and throughout their time at The Tasting Table). Hand sanitizer will also be available.
- Guests and staff should maintain distance from one another at all times. To this end, we have moved the tables further apart to provide enough room. We are not doing our usual communal seating during this time, and only guests who are part of the same party will be seated together at a table.
- We use WHO approved cleaning and sanitation products and procedures. All high-touch surface areas (door handles, tables, chairs, etc) are cleaned before and after every tasting/event.
- We no longer serve boards for sharing during tastings. Instead, guests receive individual boards and cutlery.
- We keep all windows and doors open to increase fresh air circulation. The AC and dehumidifiers are turned off.
- All utensils, dishes, cutlery, and glasses are washed at high temperature in our dishwasher.
- Paper menus are disposed of after every use.