Join Our Free Weekly Virtual Hungarian Wine Tasting Series
Our mission of introducing you to new ideas, flavors, and stories about Hungarian culinary culture continues with our Facebook live events.
Want to watch our previous tastings? They are archived here!
Upcoming Virtual Hungarian Wine Experiences:
Live with Winemaker: Erhard Heumann
December 6th @1pm PST / 4pm EST / 10pm CET – Facebook live @TasteHungary
Join Gábor for a discussion with Erhard Heumann. Erhard and his wife, Evelyne, moved from Switzerland to settle in Villány to make wine. The Heumanns started making wine there in 1993, bottled their first professional wine in 2003, and have steadily been building on their wine business since then. Their wines are opulent, concentrated, and dreamy, and are consistently among Hungary’s most highly rated reds.
- Rosé, 2019, Heumann Winery, Villány
- Riesling, 2017, Heumann Winery, Villány
- Blue Secret, 2017, Heumann Winery, Villány
- Villanyi Franc/Trinitás, 2016, Heumann Winery, Villány
Live with Winemaker: Andrea Gere
December 9th @10am PST / 1pm EST / 7pm CET– Facebook live @TasteHungary
Join Gábor for a discussion with Andrea Gere. Andrea’s father, Attila, is an iconic figure of Hungary’s wine scene. He established the Gere Winery just after the regime change in 1991. Gere is not only one of the pioneers of quality winemaking in Hungary after the change of regimes, but he is also a pioneer in Hungarian wine tourism. His wines are still, and always, amazing.
- Portugieser (Organic Selection), 2019, Gere Winery, Villány
- Fekete Jardovany, 2018, Gere Winery, Villány
- Villanyi Franc, Ördögárok Vineyard, 2017, Gere Winery, Villány
Live with Winemaker: Gergő Böjt
December 13th @1pm PST / 4pm EST / 10pm CET – Facebook live @TasteHungary
Join Gábor for a discussion with Gergő Böjt. Gergő’s parents founded the Böjt winery in the village of Ostoros in 1993. Since 2016 Gergő and his sister, Boglárka, have taken the lead and have been running the winery, producing outstanding wines which are great representations of the Eger terroir. The much-travelled and internationally-experienced Gergő makes the wine, and Boglárka sells it.
- Egri Csillag, 2019, Böjt Winery, Eger
- Egri Bikavér, 2017, Gere Winery, Villány
How It’s Made: Different Styles of Sparkling Wine
December 16th @7pm CET– Facebook live @TasteHungary
Pezsgő—the Hungarian name for sparkling wine—is all we want to drink around this time of year. It has been produced in Hungary since the first half of the 19th century, and Hungarians like to drink a lot of it! We’ll be presenting different styles, and discussing the several different methods for producing it.
- Frizzante, 2017, Erzsebet Winery, Tokaj
- Ezerjó Gold Sparkling Brut, Frittmann Winery, Kunság
- Classic Sparkling Brut NV, Kreinbacher Estate, Somló