Join us for a wine adventure into some of the Hungarian regions which you have already been exploring through our Wine Club! This will be our first tour exclusively for our Wine Club members, and we look forward to taking you to some of the country’s top wineries, where winemakers will personally give us behind-the-scenes visits into their cellars, vineyards, and the most special bottles in their tasting rooms. On some occasions they will even invite us into their dining rooms to feast on home-cooked feasts. This trip will be just as much about food, and we’ll enjoy traditional regional specialties made from local ingredients, as well as contemporary takes on the Hungarian classics. By the end of the tour you will have experienced the full-extent of traditional Hungarian hospitality!
This tour is exclusively for Taste Hungary Wine Club members. Find out how to join!
Tour Price Includes
This tour will have a maximum of 12 guests
Airport transfers are included
- We’ll start in Budapest with a private wine dinner at the Tasting Table Budapest (our tasting room/shop), and from there we’ll travel (by air-conditioned private mini-bus) through about ten wine regions over the next week.
- First, we’ll head south to explore the Szekszárd and Villány regions, where most of the fuller-bodied reds are produced. After tasting Bull’s Blood and Kadarka (among others) in Szekszárd, we’ll spend two nights in Villány—the Hungarian Cabernet Franc capital.
- Then we’ll head north to Lake Balaton, for two days of discovering the beauties of the several wine regions bordering the lake. We will be based in nearby Somló—an idyllic volcanic hill—from where we will visit a range of artisan wineries, visit the lake (Central Europe’s largest), and have some free time for hiking and exploring.
- From there. We’ll head back to Budapest, where the rest of the day will be spent on your own. We’ll provide recommendations for visiting a thermal spa, attending a concert, doing some sightseeing, or dining at one of the many wonderful restaurants.
- Then we’ll head northeast, first stopping in Eger to taste some Bull’s Blood and Kékfrankos, and then onto Tokaj—the crown jewel—where we’ll spend two nights. Here we’ll head deep into the mold-covered cellars, learn about the ancient winemaking traditions, and taste our way through the region’s indigenous varieties and wine styles, like Furmint, Hárslevelű, Szamorodni, and Tokaji Aszú. We’ll even have a taste of Eszencia, one of the world’s rarest, sweetest, and most expensive wines.
- Our farewell dinner will be in a Michelin star restaurant in Budapest.