ABOUT THE APARTMENTS
Feel like a local, and book a stay at one of our rental apartments in the lovely Víziváros (“Water Town”) neighborhood, a fantastic location just below the Castle District and steps from the Danube river. We have two apartments—the Furmint Apartment and the Kadarka Apartment (named after our favorite wines, of course)—which we have set up to feel like homes away from home. We welcome you to come and stay, and to get to know the city the way we know it! Both apartments are located in classic early-20th century buildings (think central courtyards, 12-foot high ceilings, and timeless architecture). One thing we love most about Budapest is its abundance of unique architectural details, which is why we’ve kept everything intact as much as possible (while also making the apartments comfortable by modern standards). So you’ll find original hardwood floors; original terrazzo kitchen floor (in the Furmint Apartment); original doors, windows, and woodwork; and very high ceilings! We invite you to come for a stay, take advantage of our carefully curated tips, and make yourself comfortable in our favorite Budapest neighborhood!
—Carolyn and Gábor (Taste Hungary owners)
WHICH APARTMENT IS FOR YOU?
Features of Both Apartments
• Free WIFI
• Washing machine and laundry drying rack
• Iron and ironing board
• Bed linens (including down comforters) and towels
• Full kitchens with oven/stove, refrigerator, microwave, filter coffee maker, mokka pot, toaster, utensils, plenty of pots and pans, tableware, and wine glasses
• Small library of Hungarian travel, food, and wine books
• Honesty “mini bar”, fully-stocked with some of our favorite wines from around Hungary to ensure that you drink well.
• Located in classic Budapest buildings, overlooking the central courtyards (making the apartments secluded and quiet)
What They Don’t Have!
• Neither apartment has a TV! We thought it would just be a distraction from the task at hand: getting to know Budapest.
• Neither apartment has air-conditioning (very few buildings in Budapest do). However, we have found that due to the thick brick walls in the buildings, air-conditioning is not missed and the buildings remain at a constant comfortable temperature.
These are Non-smoking apartments!
Features of the Furmint Apartment
• 35 square meters (376 square feet)
• Studio apartment. Consists of one main room (with an additional sleeping loft) and a separate kitchen (with a door separating the main room and the kitchen and bathroom area)
• Recommended for two guests (or a family with two children)
• The double bed is 140 cm wide and the bed in the loft is 180 cm wide
• Located on the first floor (which translates as the second floor for Americans!)
• Building has an elevator
• Bathroom with large walk-in shower
• Located at the foot of Castle Hill, and just 300 meters from the Buda-side Danube promenade
• 3-minute walk from the Batthyány tér metro
Features of the Kadarka Apartment
• 53 square meters (570 square feet)
• 1 bedroom apartment
• Recommended for two guests (or a family with two children)
• The double bed in the bedroom is 160 cm wide and the pull-out sofa in the living room is 160 cm wide
• Located on the second floor (which translates as the third floor for Americans!)
• Building has NO elevator (the stairs make for some great exercise, but are not suitable for those with walking difficulties!
• Bathroom with antique clawfoot tub (no shower)
• Located at the foot of Castle Hill and just 100 meters from the Buda-side Danube promenade and Chain Bridge
• 10-minute walk from the Batthyány tér metro
EXTRA (FOOD AND WINE) PERKS
We hope all of our guests are excited to discover Hungarian food and wine! We might be biased, but we think tasting your way around Budapest is the best way to get to the soul of the city, and we are happy to help in this area! Guests at our apartments will receive:
1 A complimentary bottle of Hungarian wine from The Tasting Table Budapest will be waiting for you upon check-in.
2 Honesty “mini bar” in each apartment, fully-stocked with some of our favorite wines from around Hungary to ensure that you drink well.
310% discount on any Taste Hungary Tour (you’ll get a discount code when you book the apartment)
4 10% discount on all wine, spirit, and food purchases at The Tasting Table Budapest
5 10% discount on any wine tasting, beer tasting, or wine dinner at The Tasting Table Budapest (you’ll get a discount code when you book the apartment)
6 Our list of hand-picked favorite Budapest eating and drinking spots (will be emailed to you when you book the apartment). We’ll also provide you with our own curated Insider’s Guide to the Neighborhood so you can check out all of the sights, and our favorite places.
7 Need advice on what to eat and drink in Budapest? Feel free to drop us an email! Taste Hungary owner Carolyn Bánfalvi literally wrote the book on it!
THE VÍZIVÁROS NEIGHBORHOOD
We’ve lived in the Víziváros Viziváros (“Water Town”) neighborhood for more than thirteen years, and there are so many things that we love about it. First of all, LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION! The apartment is centrally located in Buda in one of the city’s oldest and most charming neighborhoods. Next to the Danube and under the Castle, the neighborhood has its roots in the fishermen and fishmongers who once worked here and many streets are named for fish themes. The best way to explore the neighborhood is to wander around and find some of the many romantic staircases heading up in the direction of the Castle. Though our apartments are located in Buda, the busier Pest streets are just a short hop away on the metro, or a nice walk across one of the bridges. Read more about the neighborhood highlights, and see them on a map here.
Public Transportation Options
Batthyany tér is a transportation hub, so the neighborhood is well-served by public transportation including the M2 metro line, many buses, trams 19 and 41, and even a few ferries (which are part of the city’s excellent public transportation system).
PRICES & PARTICULARS
$90 USD / 26,000 HUF per night (for 2 guests)
$115 USD / 33,500 HUF per night (for 3-4 guests)
• Two night minimum stay is required
• Prices are all-inclusive! There are no cleaning fees or other charges (unless you take advantage of the wine selection in the “mini bar”)!
• Full payment must be made in advance by credit card.
• Book a seven nights stay, and only pay for six nights!
• Book a four week stay, and only pay for three weeks!
• We offer self check-in (the keys are left in a lockbox outside the apartment) for your convenience. That way we don’t need to arrange a meeting time to handover the keys. The check-in and check-out time can be flexible (unless we have other guests arriving or departing).
Cancellation policy: Cancellations up to 14 days prior to the beginning of your stay are refundable (minus a $50 USD cancellation fee). Cancellations up to 7 days before the stay are 50% refundable.