Taste Hungary, the leading culinary and wine tour company in Hungary, is a growing, dynamic company which is dedicated to championing Hungarian food and wine, and to educating our guests about it. Taste Hungary is an international company, globally-recognized for providing high-level service to its clients. As we continue to implement new ideas over the coming months and years, there will be opportunities for the right people to participate in other aspects of our ventures. We are looking to expand our team and hire people who are passionate and knowledgeable about Hungarian food and wine. If you feel like you understand our mission; love to travel; have a passion for the foods and wines of this region; and have what it takes to introduce it all to travelers, then we’d love to hear from you. Please familiarize yourself with our tours and services before applying.
Culinary Tour Guide (Vienna)
This is freelance position. The tour guide will be responsible for helping us design and lead 3-4 hour food/wine-themed walking-tours in Vienna. This job is a great opportunity for a candidate who would like to work with a young, dynamic, international, globally-recognized tour company providing a high-level of service to its clients.
* An interest in meeting and interacting with new people, and introducing them to Viennese and Austrian culture. You must be outgoing, friendly, and full of energy!
* The right person will have had experience working abroad and will be able to explain Austrian cuisine and wine to those unfamiliar with it, and put it into proper context.
* Passion and knowledge for Austrian food and wine is a must. Experience or education in the food/wine industry, hospitality, or tourism, food services is preferred.
* You must have knowledge of Vienna’s food and wine scene, and be interested in following the trends, the people, and the places.
* You must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and creativity.
* Computer & technology proficiency including Google-based apps.
* English and Hungarian fluency (spoken and written). Please let us know if you speak any other languages!
* You must be a certified tour guide.
* Must be willing to work on weekends.
Please send us a letter (in English) telling us about your experience with (and connection to) Austrian food and wine. Also attach your CV (in English). Tell us why you would like to join our team, and tell us what you like to share about Vienna and its food culture with tourists and first-time visitors. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN ENGLISH! No phone calls!